Join our team as Head Teacher
About our school
We are more than just a school. We are a thriving community of learners and visionaries committed to inspiring our children to reach their highest potential while shaping bright futures for them. Our steadfast commitment to educational excellence is realised through our compassionate approach to learning, where we engage with children’s hearts, encourage their curiosity and ignite their potential.
Situated in 35 acres of picturesque grounds and woodlands in St Peter, our co-educational and non-selective school provides a well-rounded and enriching experience and education. Our outstanding facilities empower each child to explore their interests, grow their strengths and overcome their challenges with guidance, support and encouragement.
The school also founded the Jersey Educational Trust 2015 (JET2015), a registered charity whose mission is to enhance access to high-quality education in Jersey for pupils who would not otherwise be able to attend.
Our ethos and values
Our four core values – Kindness, Resilience, Achievement and Responsibility – form the foundation of our close-knit, nurturing community and guide everything that we do, from the way that we teach through to the way that we engage with our Island community. We take pride in cultivating a warm and inclusive environment that feels like a second family. Our school community is diverse and open, and our strong partnership with families allows us to truly know and support each child in our care. Our students graduate as compassionate, self-assured citizens of the world, surrounded by a supportive network, academically and emotionally prepared for their next steps.
Title: Head Teacher, St George’s Preparatory School and Little Dragon’s Nursery and Pre-School
Residency: ‘Entitled’ or ‘Entitled to Work’
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Start date: September 2024
Can you take the lead in shaping the future of education at St George’s Preparatory School and Little Dragon’s Nursery and Pre-School? We are seeking a Head Teacher to join our team who will evolve and drive forward the academic development and pastoral care of our students aged 2-11, espouse and enable our school’s well-established values and inspire our wider school community.
- Leadership: Provide leadership that supports our strategic vision, ethos, values and priorities of the school and JET2015.
- Curriculum development: Proactively develop, implement and evaluate curriculum-led educational policies, practices and procedures.
- Nurturing environment: Create a safe, inclusive, diverse and nurturing environment where all pupils and staff can thrive, both academically and emotionally.
- Teaching standards: Maintain consistently high standards of principled and professional conduct throughout the school.
- Educational excellence: Lead the next phase of the school’s educational evolution, delivering sustainable success and recognition as the preparatory school of choice.
How to apply
St. George's Preparatory School strives to shape futures and inspire young hearts. Join us on our educational journey centred around excellence, kindness and empowerment.
For more information and an informal chat, please call Ian Watson on 01534 487127. To apply, please complete the below application form and send it, along with your CV and personal statement, to Ian Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Tuesday 31 October 2023.